In order to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, the Environmental Inspection Services Office is closed at this time
Renew Your Food License Online!
- Facilities may still send their permit renewals through the mail
- *NEW* All renewals may now be dropped off in-person at the lobby dropbox
- Waste Hauler license applications may be submitted via mail and must include a copy of the vehicle’s registration.
- Aquatic facilities (pools & spas) may submit their renewal applications via mail. They must include copies of pool operator certifications and lifeguards, if applicable.
- Tattoo facilities may submit their renewal applications via mail. They must include copies of bloodborne pathogen certification for each tattoo artist.
- Mailing Address: 1001 E. Fayette St. Baltimore, MD 21202 410-396-4424
The Bureau of Environmental Health is comprised of two programs: Environmental Inspection Services and Animal Services.
Environmental Inspection Services
Services are provided to regulate facilities and to enforce the Baltimore City Health Code and applicable state and federal rules and regulations as they relate to environmental health.
Plan Review: The Plan Review section is the first stop for most facilities looking to obtain a license. New foodservice facilities or facilities under new ownership, including swimming pools and tattoo establishments, must submit plans and undergo an initial Plan Review inspection prior to license approval.
Food Control: This section conducts routine inspections for foodservice facilities and temporary food service facilities. In addition, complaint investigations for foodservice facilities and foodborne outbreak investigations are conducted by the Food Control staff.
Ecology: This section conducts routine inspections of tattoo establishments, swimming pools and spas, and school cafeterias. The Ecology staff also conducts complaint investigations for nuisances such as mosquitoes, odors, noise, early morning trash collection, and indoor smoking in public buildings.