During these times of the Coronavirus (CoVID-19) pandemic, we are offering reduced immunization services including:
- All clients will be seen by appointment only. For an appointment, please call 410-396-4454, Monday - Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, or complete your registration on-line at MarylandVax.org.
- Registration, including collection of vaccination records and insurance cards, will be completed in advance by phone when the client/parent calls to make their appointment.
- Clients can enter the Health Department building at 1200 E Fayette St no earlier than ten (10) minutes before their TIKE appointment.
- Clients and their parent/guardian will need to be wearing face coverings, and will be screened for temperature and CoVID-19 symptoms.
- Only clients having the TIKE appointment and their parent/guardian will be allowed in. Extra family members will be asked to wait outside of the building.
- Once screening is completed, clients will be directed to the Immunization registration desk.
*** For additional information on Coronavirus (CoVID-19), please go to the Baltimore City's web site at http://coronavirus.baltimorecity.gov . ***
The Baltimore City Health Department’s Immunization Program offers services to help prevent vaccine-preventable disease, to conduct disease surveillance, and to provide and monitor immunization related health education and community outreach.
- Free T.I.K.E. Clinics to those children and adolescents who qualify. A limited supply of adult immunizations may also be available with a $25 suggested donation for each adult vaccination. Please note that our TIKE Clinics do not offer the Coronavirus (CoVID-19) vaccine. TIKE Clinic Schedule for September 2021 and October 2021.
- Baltimore’s Immunization Registry Project (B.I.R.P.) works with the Maryland Department of Health's "ImmuNET" immunization information system to collect and securely disclose vaccination records for children – adolescents – young adults. Call: 410-545-3048.
- Community Education and Outreach. Call: 410-396-7575
The Baltimore City Health Department's Immunization Program is located at the Eastern Health District's new location at 1200 E Fayette St - 21202 on the northeast corner of Fayette St & Aisquith St.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How can I get immunizations for my child? We recommend going to your child’s doctor. If you do not have a medical provider, have Medicaid insurance, or do not have medical insurance that covers immunizations, you can come to our T.I.K.E. (To Immunize Kids Everywhere) Clinics. Clients are seen by appointment only. To make your appointment please call 410-396-4454, or register on-line at MarylandVax.org . TIKE Clinic Schedule September 2021 and October 2021.
- What immunizations are recommended? [Childhood / Adolescent] [Adult]
- How can I make sure my child will meet their school’s immunization requirements? All children and young adults need to have an up-to-date copy of their immunization record to be enrolled in licensed daycare or in school. If you would like assistance in determining whether or not your child has their required immunizations, please bring their shot record to their school’s health suite, your child’s doctor, or to our TIKE clinic. [Maryland School Vaccine Requirements Year 2021-2022]
We are excited to show our newest "Back to School" public service announcement. Created in partnership with BCPS Commodore John Rodgers Elementary/Middle School students and produced by Wide Angle Youth Media, the video posted on Vimeo explains the importance of getting required 7th-grade Tdap and Meningococcal vaccinations. See it here.
- How do I find out more information on Coronavirus (CoVID-19) vaccinations in Maryland? Go to the Maryland Department of Health's (MDH) web site at: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/vaccine
- How can I get a copy of my child’s or my shot record? We may be able to retrieve a copy of your or your child’s immunization record as transcribed into the BIRP-ImmuNET registry. Please call us at 410-545-3048.
- How can I get more information about immunizations? [Maryland Department of Health's Center for Immunization] [CDC Commonly Asked Questions for Parents] [CDC "Vacunas e immunization"]
- How can I get information sheets on immunizations in another language? [Immunization Action Coalition]
- Where can I get information about immunizations needed for overseas travel including general travel precautions and country alerts? [CDC Travel Information] [Find a Travel Clinic]
Baltimore City Health Department
Division of Youth Wellness & Community Health
Maternal & Child Health
1200 E Fayette St Floor 1 West
Baltimore MD 21202-4721
File(s) available on this page for download requires special software to view. If you do not have that software, you can obtain it from the following source(s):
Portable Document Format (PDF): https://get.adobe.com/reader/