The Baltimore City Health Department’s Immunization Program offers services to help prevent vaccine preventable disease, to conduct disease surveillance, and to provide and monitor immunization related health education and community outreach.
- Free T.I.K.E. Clinics to those children and adolescents who qualify. A limited supply of adult immunizations may also be available. [TIKE Clinic Schedule July and August 2017] Call: 410-396-4454.
- Baltimore’s Immunization Registry Project (B.I.R.P.) works with Maryland DHMH’s ImmuNET immunization information system to collect and securely disclose vaccination records for children – adolescents – young adults. Call: 410-545-3048.
- Education and Outreach to individual children who are delayed in their recommended immunizations, and to neighborhoods at risk for under immunization. Call: 410-396-4454
- Peri Natal Hepatitis-B Surveillance. Call: 410-396-7575
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I get immunizations for myself or my child? We recommend going to your child’s doctor. If you do not have a medical provider, have Medicaid insurance, or do not have medical insurance that covers immunizations, you can come to our T.I.K.E. (To Immunize Kids Everywhere) Clinics. We encourage you to call for an appointment at 410-396-4454. [TIKE Clinic Schedule July and August 2017]
- How can I make sure my child will meet their school’s immunization requirements? All children and young adults need to have an up-to-date copy of their immunization record to be enrolled in licensed day care or in school. If you would like assistance in determining whether or not your child has their required immunizations, please bring their shot record to their school’s health suite, your child’s doctor, or to our TIKE clinic. [Maryland School Vaccine Requirements Year 2017-2018]
- How can I get a copy of my child’s or my shot record? We may be able to retrieve a copy of your or your child’s immunization record as transcribed into the BIRP-ImmuNET registry. Please call us at 410-545-3048.
- How can I get more information about immunizations? [Maryland DHMH Center for Immunization] [CDC Commonly Asked Questions for Parents] [CDC "Vacunas e immunizacion"]
- How can I get information sheets on immunizations in another language? [Immunization Action Coalition]
Baltimore City Health Department
620 N Caroline Street
Baltimore MD 21205
File(s) available on this page for download requires special software to view. If you do not have that software, you can obtain it from the following source(s):
Portable Document Format (PDF): https://get.adobe.com/reader/