Measles - Current Cases in the Baltimore area
As of 4/19/19, the Maryland Department of Health has confirmed 4 cases of people with measles in the Baltimore Area
These measles cases are currently confined to the following zip codes: 21208, 21209 21215.
Areas with possible measles exposure are:
- 4000 Old Court Road in Pikesville, MD on:
- Tuesday, April 2 from 9:00 a.m. till 1:00 p.m.
- Sunday, April 14 from 10:30 a.m. till 1:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 16 from 9:15 a.m. till 12:30 p.m.
- Market Maven (1630 Reisterstown Road, Pikesville) on Sunday, April 14 from 11:45 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Seven Mile Market (201 Reisterstown Road, Pikesville) on Sunday, April 14 from 12:45 p.m. to 3:15 p.m.
How can I get measles vaccine?
If you or your family member needs MMR vaccine, check with your health care provider. If your health care provider does not have the MMR vaccine, contact your pharmacist to see if they carry it. In Maryland, a pharmacist may administer any vaccines included in the CDC's recommended Immunization Schedule to individuals ages 11 to 17 who have a prescription. For those age 18 years or older, prescriptions are not required to administer vaccines as long as they are one of the adult vaccines listed by the CDC. For information about pricing and insurance reimbursement, check with your pharmacist and insurance provider.
If you are unable to be vaccinated by your provider or at a pharmacy, please contact the Baltimore City Health Department at 410-396-4454.
What should I do if I have been exposed?
If you believe that you might have been exposed to measles, please contact the Baltimore City Health Department at 410-396-4436.