The BCCHEC is a diverse group of public health professionals and representatives of non-profits, community-based, faith-based, academic, federally qualified health centers, and hospitals that come together on a quarterly basis to address cancer and associated health disparities.
Its mission and vision are to significantly prevent and reduce cancer and promote health equity in Baltimore City by:
- Promoting access to the highest quality of education, prevention, screening, treatment, advocacy, and research across the continuum of care
- Promoting data-driven efforts to identify and reduce disparities
- Coordinating, facilitating, and supporting cancer control activities
If you would like to join the cancer coalition please e-mail us.
Although screening is the best way to decrease your risk of colon cancer, you also can improve your overall health and decrease your risk if you:
Screening in Baltimore City
To find out about local cancer screening programs free to those without insurance, please contact:
- University of Maryland Medical Group Colorectal Screening and Breast/Cervical Screenings: 410-328-4673
- Medstar Colorectal Screening: 410-350-8216; Breast/Cervical Screenings: 410-350-2001
- Breast Link Breast Screenings at St. Agnes: 667-234-2648
Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
Maryland Comprehensive Cancer Control Program
Screen my colon video (Spanish)