Social Determinants of Health Workgroup
The Social Determinants of Health Workgroup addresses food and nutrition inequalities in Baltimore City. By helping local farmers meet their needs for land, money, and awareness, everyone will have access to healthy food choices.
- Improve outcomes and reduce health inequities by improving food access.
- Improve the living environment of Baltimore City residents.
- By December 2023, connect at least five local farmers to community support, resources, and services, including grant writing, funding information, land ownership, and volunteer support.
- By December 2023, involve farmers in local health initiatives by linking 5-7 farmers to ongoing diabetes prevention and food access programs.
- By June 2024, identify the model for or introduce one piece of policy to understand the link between green spaces and mental health outcomes.
- Connect farmers to healthcare and community organizations with programs to increase food access and provide health food education.
- Share a variety of resources by convening local farmers across LHIC workgroups.
If you are interested in joining the SDOH Workgroup, please complete this Expression of Interest Form