Zika Ambassador Program
Welcome to the Zika Ambassador Program!
Thank you for your interest in helping prevent Zika from coming to Baltimore.
The Zika Ambassador Program (ZAP) uses a train-the-trainer model to educate the community and spre
ad awareness about the Zika virus.
The toolkit contains all of the information you need to teach yourself about Zika virus to become a Zika Am
bassador and materials that you can use to educate and train others.
Because prevention is the best way to address Zika, your involvement in sharing information about Zika and helping to remove standing water around your house and in your community is essential.
The Zika Ambassador Toolkit contains the following materials:
1. A PowerPoint presentation that includes in-depth information on the Zika virus, how to help prevent Zika, how to protect yourself, and information on what you can do in the community. As a Zika Ambassador we encourage you to use this PowerPoint to teach others in your community.
2. Informational flyers that can be shared with individuals in your community. One flyer focuses on general Zika awareness and one is specifically for pregnant women. (Spanish Links:
3. A social media toolkit with suggested tweets and Facebook posts about Zika.
Stay up to date on Zika information by signing up for our Zika Ambassador Listserv at http://health.baltimorecity.gov/zika-virus. As the Baltimore City Health Department gets new information about Zika from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DHMH), we will share it with our listserv.
For more information about Zika check:
1. The Baltimore City Health Department’s website: http://health.baltimorecity.gov/zika-virus
2. The CDC’s website: http://www.cdc.gov/zika/
3. DHMH’s website: http://phpa.dhmh.maryland.gov/pages/zika.aspx