Women, Infant & Children (WIC)
You are eligible for WIC services free of charge if you meet all of the following:
- Live in Maryland.
- Are pregnant, a new mother, an infant or child under 5 years of age.
- Have a nutritional need.
- Have a household gross (before taxes and deductions) income that is less than or equal to the income guidelines here, or you receive Food Stamps, Medical Assistance, TCA (Temporary Cash Assistance) or participate in MCHP (Maryland Children's Health Program).
- For the most up-to-date information on income eligibility, visit DHMH's WIC homepage.
WIC participants receive benefits such as:
- Vouchers to purchase healthy foods at no cost to participant
- Nutrition education and counseling
- Health Screenings- growth and weight assessments for pregnant women, infants and children
- Breastfeeding assistance provided by lactation specialists
- Referrals to other health and social agencies
Checks to purchase fresh produce through the annual WIC Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program
WIC has improved the food packages to include:
- Whole and low fat milk
- fresh, canned or frozen fruits and vegetables
- whole grain items such as cereals, breads, rice, and tortillas
- infant formula
- infant jar foods
- 100% fruit and/or vegetable juices
- peanut butter
- beans and peas
- soy and tofu items
Apply for WIC!
To set up an appointment to apply for WIC, call the Baltimore City WIC Appointment line at 410-396-9427. Prepare for your appointment and bring the following items (note: when you make your appointment, you may be asked to bring additional items not listed below):
- Proof of income
- Proof of address
- Proof of pregnancy (if pregnant)
- Person(s) being certified
Clinic Locations and Hours
- 621 N. Eden Street
- 5610 Harford Road
- Mondawmin Mall—basement level, Suite 1128 (also open Saturdays*)
- Bon Secours Community Support Center.—26 N. Fulton Avenue
- Department of Social Services--Harford North, 2000 N. Broadway 3rd Floor
- 4536 Edmondson Avenue- Edmondson Village Shopping Center
- Garwyn Medical Center -2300 Garrison Blvd., Suite 290
- John Eager Howard Elementary School- 2011 Linden Ave. (Wednesdays 8:30am-12:00pm)
WIC sites are open Monday – Friday 8:30am-4:00pm. *Evening and Saturday hours available.
Contact us at 410-396-9427 for appointments, general information and breastfeeding assistance.
Please check out the WIC Program on Facebook!