The Tuberculosis Control Program provides free services for clients with suspected or confirmed tuberculosis (TB) disease. All confirmed TB cases in Baltimore City are referred to the TB program for treatment. The TB program also provides Tuberculin skin tests (TST) for all people identified as having come into contact with a person with a confirmed case of TB.
Every suspected and confirmed case receives directly observed medication administration, nurse case management services, and contact investigations. The program reports the results of its monitoring and surveillance activities to the CDC and Maryland DHMH, and administers TB therapy to immigrants and refugees with positive TB screening. TB screening, education, outreach and guidance about TB are also continually provided to health care facilities, medical providers, homeless shelters and service providers, and community organizations.
- Screening and physician evaluation for TB (Chest X-Rays, blood test and other laboratory tests)
- Medication for the treatment and prevention of TB
- Nurse case management
- Contact investigations and disease control activities
- Directly Observed Therapy and Directly Observed Preventative Therapy for TB
- TB health education and prevention
All services are free.
Location & Telephone
Eastern Chest Clinic
620 North Caroline Street, Baltimore, MD 21205
Phone: 410 396 9413 Fax: 410-396-9403
Metro Subway - Johns Hopkins Hospital stop
- No. 5 (Monument & Central Ave)
- No. 21 (Caroline St. & Biddle Street)
Monday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Tuesday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Thursday: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
File(s) available on this page for download requires special software to view. If you do not have that software, you can obtain it from the following source(s):
Portable Document Format (PDF): https://get.adobe.com/reader/
Word (DOC/DOCX): https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=4